Suggestion for dd2

Free Server Admin access Click Here

• Suggestion for dd2

Ok - just gonna throw this out there...

One of the biggest problems in your dd2 server (for me) is that the point system heavily promotes camping and ignoring the objective. You do not die if the opposing team completes the objective - in fact you can hang back and pick off the other team while just waiting for the clock to run out, increasing the chance you will get a few more points rather than lose points from a death.

I recommend a death and penalty for not completing the objective. For example, if the bomb is detonated, have all surviving CTs die and lose 20 points. That would drive specific behaviors to move the round along and prevent CTs just camping and ignoring the bomb being planted or Ts camping in T spawn or wherever with no sense of urgency to actually go plant the bomb. It would mean it would make more sense to rush and take a chance - you might as well you're gonna die anyway and with a high penalty it further creates that sense of urgency. I admit I sometimes ignore the objective because part of the fun for me is to gain points and earn rank. It happens all the time - many of the top players do just that...sit back in strategic locations and snipe - knowing that a death will result in heavy point loss and no incentive to take a risk. I do not blame them at all - that is how the point & rank system is designed. Sometimes an admin+ will be on and start warning and slaying for folks to do objective and quit camping, but you are fighting against the entire rank structure.

Anyway - just a thought...the point system allows a significant amount of manipulation to drive the behaviors you want.

~empty
  • In a way I agree with you up bad there are situations where you're killing opponents very long distance where the bomb was planted and the time you take to go the distance will be longer than the time of explosion thereof. If all who are on the map die together with the pump some would be harmed if it were to see on that side I believe that in addition to this factor there is the terrorists who are camping at the site also there should be one time to start the objectives rather than disrupt administrators have to observe this type of behavior of some players. Best to do it is to keep this issue of not killing all the players and have one goal start time I believe.

• one thing to stand on gic points and defend them, and another thing to stand behind a door, entrance or box and expect others to come and attack (camp), that we should criminalize active admins, but sometimes are not aware or not they see while on espactadores, what if I would like is to return the sounds of "ultra kill, owns, eagle eye" ect .. @Spr1nte [R]

The post was edited 1 time, last by ShHere! ().

• ShHere! wrote:

one thing to stand on gic points and defend them, and another thing to stand behind a door, entrance or box and expect others to come and attack (camp), that we should criminalize active admins, but sometimes are not aware or not they see while on espactadores, what if I would like is to return the sounds of "ultra kill, owns, eagle eye" ect ..
    What an ugly picture :laugh-cry:
  • Johnny wrote:

ShHere! wrote:

one thing to stand on gic points and defend them, and another thing to stand behind a door, entrance or box and expect others to come and attack (camp), that we should criminalize active admins, but sometimes are not aware or not they see while on espactadores, what if I would like is to return the sounds of "ultra kill, owns, eagle eye" ect ..
    What an ugly picture :laugh-cry:
    that you put your photo of your dad, that little respect hahhahahjadhajshahahahuqa